Tuesday, August 26, 2008

On Hold

So, my sweater is on hold for a few days. I ran out of yarn. Dang it! I have to wait until Thursday for knitting group. My LYS is only open Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I was so excited yesterday. I put the sweater onto some waste yarn to try it on...
It fits! It looks good! I'm making a sweater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, enough, right? I'm just beside myself. Making my own sweaters was the entire reason I learned to knit in the first place. Seriously, sweaters are my favorite clothing article. I love them. Especially Argyle. I love Argyle socks too. Someday I hope to have enough skill to make something Argyle.

I was at a party last weekend. I had my knitting, simply because I hadn't taken it out of my purse. I get a little, no, a lot, shy in a group of people I don't know. Sometimes people think I'm being snotty. But as Mr. Darcy put it, "I have not the skill that some posses of conversing easily with strangers." Or something to that effect. I got pretty nervous with all those people that I didn't know around me. So I pulled out my knitting, it is a fantastic stress reliever for me. Our friend Bob, who was hosting the party kept making fun of me. He said it was like crack. He knows women who have been so addicted to knitting it was like they were hooked on heroin. Um, yeah. I know. I told him to just wait until I make him a fabulous fisherman's sweater. That'll shut him up. He said he'd love one, and wear it with pride.

What is it with men saying they'll wear things with pride? My husband said that about the Monkey socks. Do they think I'd make them wear things to shame them? Yeah, wear it in shame, punk. Whatever.

1 comments:

Tracy said...

Wow, a sweater. Hardcore. I haven't had the guts yet. Kudos to you!