Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday

Another lazy Sunday afternoon is upon me. This time with sunshine!

I've been reunited with a dear friend. She was my very best friend in the whole wide world, when we were ten. I lived in Georgia then, she was the best. Amazing really. We kept in touch for a few years after I moved back to WV, but lost touch in high school. When I was in college I was inspired to contact her again. We e-mailed for a while, but then life got in the way. She has three little boys and got rather busy. ;)
I was overjoyed to receive a letter from her yesterday! I have really missed her. Sarah Jane, if you read this...I'm so glad you're back!

My knitting is, well hibernating. I'm kinda nervous about seaming this sweater together. I've seamed up the sides to the arm holes. I am ready to seam the shoulders and then sew on the sleeves. Thanks again to Melissa for sharing the tutorials with me. She really is my Ambassador of Quam. So, I will attempt it this week. I just want to be done with this project already.

I spent a couple days with my family in WV this week. Finally gave them their Christmas presents. I made socks for my mom and brother. They both loved them. Although my mom told me the wrong size for my brother, so his socks are enormous! He'll just wear them as slippers over another pair of socks. His oldest daughter, Hannah loved them too. She said, "Aunt Tiffi, you need to make me a pair of socks because my feet are cold. You can make them purple and green and white. They will match my coat." She just turned four and thinks she's the coolest thing in the world. She is, of course, in case you didn't know. :P So, now my mission is to find purple, green and white sock yarn. Maybe I can get Melissa to dye some for me. Hmm...

3 comments:

sarahjane said...

Now I feel so special :o) Love ya!

Winona said...

Tiffany,
I am so glad you and your friend have found each other again. I know you will find just the right yarn for Hannah's socks. I am impressed with your knitting. I took a couple of classes in Nov., but I still just make scarves and dishcloths. (grin) I guess my quilting just gets in the way of knitting.LOL Have a great day. Winona

isaiahsmommy78 said...

I can get purple green and white easy. Easiest is a very bright, neon green though. Purple's kinda easy, too.