Thursday, July 2, 2009

Not sure what to call this

You know how sometimes you just KNOW something? I've known since I was a little kid that I wanted to be a mom. Not just a mom, a good mom. I'd like to be great, but don't want to put too much pressure on myself. ;) I went to college, but didn't enjoy it. In fact, I didn't even graduate in the major I studied. I intended to be a music teacher, then realized that I actually didn't want to be a teacher. So I took a general studies bachelors degree to graduate. Somewhere along the line it occurred to me that I just wanted to be a wife and mother. Sounds wonderful doesn't it?
I can't imagine doing anything else. I'm so thankful that I have the chance to be just that.

The first week that my husband and I dated we talked about children. It was so important to me that I didn't want to spend time getting to know someone and possibly fall in love, if he didn't want them. Thankfully he did. (does?) I wanted a large family, maybe 6 kids. He, being the practical man that he is, worries how we will be able to feed that many. So he's thinking more along the lines of just 2. We'll see how it works out.

Now that I am pregnant with our first child I feel like I'm in Heaven. Really. It's been such an easy pregnancy so far. No morning sickness, not once! I'm not having any complications. It's really just been a dream. Every time she moves I stop what I'm doing and just enjoy it. It makes me grin from ear to ear. I talk to her, play music for her. I even let the cats sit on my lap and purr so that she will recognize the sound and not be afraid of them. She likes that a lot. I can feel her roll toward them and kick at them. :D

So, here's to embarking on a new journey through life!

0 comments: