Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Wow

Is it really September already? Where has the summer gone? Oh, I know...I've been so wrapped up in my cocoon of pregnancy that I didn't notice! :D

I only have 10 weeks left until Phoebe is due. I feel like we aren't ready. The crib still needs sanded and painted, then we need to buy the mattress. My mom still has the dresser and rocking chair for me.

I have the baby's bag packed for the hospital, but not mine. I need to get a going home outfit for myself. I'm thinking a terry cloth track suit sounds nice and comfy. My friend Amber gave me a bag full of things for the hospital at the baby shower. She said they were all the things that she wished she had had when she gave birth. It has things like a word search book, gum, candy, slippers, and a toiletries bag full of samples. It was so kind and thoughtful of her.

Last night we had the last of the childbirth classes. I think DH learned a lot. It didn't help his nerves though, which was why I wanted him to go in the first place. I also registered to take the breast feeding class taught by the lactation consultant. Hopefully it will be just as informative.

My cousin gave birth to her son yesterday, she was due on Friday. He's a BIG boy. I'm not sure yet how much he weighs, but he looks huge!

I have so many friends that are pregnant now. It's so exciting! I wish I lived closer to them. It would be so fun to have play dates and to get their advice on everything. I'm a first timer, the rest of them all have other children. Oh well, I guess I just have to be content with Facebook. LOL

1 comments:

Dana said...

We can hang out and do play dates when ever your down visiting your MIL. I think Phoebe and Kara could be great "pen pals" Play Pen for now and later much later when they learn to write or type they can be true pen pals!! Which given the fact that both of the girls daddies are techies I'm thinking it won't take long for them to be using the computer!! lol

Take care and thanks for the update!!
Dana