Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

Today is my 29th birthday. I don't feel any older than I did when I was 16. I wonder if anyone else feels this way? Some of my friends were beside themselves when they realized that they were almost 30. They acted like it was the end of the world when the DID turn 30. I don't get it. Maybe when I'm pushing 70 I'll feel old.

So far today I've had my cup of spiced chai and breakfast. Now I'm lying on the couch in a cat pile. That's right, a cat pile.



Monkie is lying on  my belly, getting kicked by the baby. Kitty is curled up in the backs of my knees. This is how we keep warm. :D
One more just for fun.



This was my belly yesterday at 35 weeks 1 day. The day that Phoebe finally decided to turn! She has been transverse the entire pregnancy. In fact, she still was when I woke up in the morning. Some time between that and my dr's appointment at 8:45 she turned. When he did the internal exam he pushed on her head for me, so I would know she was head down. I told him I was amazed because not 30 minutes before she was still transverse!
I am excited to be finished and finally get to hold her in my arms. At the same time I don't want it to end. I have really enjoyed being pregnant. I've had such an easy time, I know how lucky I am. It really has been wonderful. I know I will miss it.

Another good thing is that it's Fall. This is, without a doubt, my favorite season. I love the foliage colors, the way the air smells, the chill in the air. Most of all I love it because I get to wear my sweaters again! I can't wear any of them right now, the belly is too big...but I will soon. :)

2 comments:

Dana said...

Happy Birthday to you Happy Bithday to you, Happy Birthday dear Tiffibug, Happy Birthday to you!!!

KBoo said...

Happy belated Birthday!

Phoebe? That is a darling name!!!