Sunday, December 6, 2009

Settling in

That's what we're doing. Phoebe is 3 weeks old now. It's going by way too fast. I'm learning what her noises mean. She makes noises all the time, even in her sleep. I'm pretty sure she will talk in her sleep, DH and I both talk in our sleep. We think it is funny to carry on conversations with the sleep talker, some very strange conversations happen that way.

I want to snuggle her all the time. I don't ever want to put her down...or share her with anyone. I have been letting daddy have baby time. He loves to snuggle her too. I even left her with him while I got groceries. I made sure she was fed, changed and asleep. She was fine...I was not. I cried all the way to the store. I knew they would be alright, but it hurt to be away from her. I knew that I would love her, I just wasn't prepared for the forcefulness of the feelings I have for her. The complexity of the emotions is nearly overwhelming at times.

She is truly a joy. At her 2 week check up she weighed 9lbs 3oz, up from 7lbs 13oz at 3 days old. Amazing!


1 comments:

Dana said...

Awwww what a cutie!!

It will get easier, I still get up in the middle of night check on the boys!!