Sunday, January 24, 2010

What a day

I went to Morgantown yesterday to get cloth diapering supplies. There's a lady named Sandy, I can't remember her last name, that has opened a store- A Little Behind- she also runs a diaper service. She delivers all the way to Pittsburgh, so I could join the service and have her do all the washing of the dirty diapers. It would be just a bit too expensive for me to do that. Besides, I have a washer and dryer, it won't kill me to wash diapers. I bought a dozen Indian prefolds, 2 fitted diapers, 2 covers and 2 snappis. I need to get a bucket today while I'm out shopping and we'll be set to start cloth diapering. My grandma gave me 2 dozen prefolds and a pack of covers. Plus I was given a pocket diaper that is one size fits all, it is adjusted with snaps. I'm going to give it a go and see what we like. I may go back and get more covers and prefolds from her later. We'll see.

So...Miss Phoebe was a terror yesterday! She was in a bad mood before we left, but was asleep before I turned the corner of my street. So I thought she'd get her nap out and be fine. Nope. She screamed the whole time we were in the diaper store. She wouldn't nurse and was generally inconsolable. Then I met a friend for lunch. She was fine through the salad. Then screamed like a banshee again. I took her to the bathroom and changed her. That cheered her up, so I thought maybe we were ok. Went back to the table and screaming resumed. I took her back to the bathroom to try nursing. She never stopped screaming. So I decided we just needed to get home. I felt awful, because I couldn't figure out what was wrong. People were starting to get pissy and I was so upset because she wouldn't nurse. My friend had the waitress box up my meal and we left. Phoebe was asleep before I even got out of the parking lot. It took an hour to get home. By then it had been 7 hours since she had eaten, I was really getting worried. As soon as we got in the house she wanted to eat! I checked her temperature to see if she had a fever, but she didn't. So...

Maybe it was just too different for her. I don't know. We don't go out much. So maybe it was just scary for her. She's back to normal today. Thank goodness!


Dana said...

Aww sorry she had a bad day yesterday!!

Hopefully it was a fluke and she will be good to go on your next outting!!

Snuggle her for me!!!

Winona said...

I think that like us adults, babies just have bad days where they are cranky. Glad she was back to herself the next day. Winona