Monday, March 21, 2011

Potty Training

I was not prepared for this. Well, I sort of was. A friend gave us a potty as a baby shower gift. Yeah, she was thinking ahead. Which was really cool, she also gave us the baby proofing stuff like outlet plugs and drawer locks. Sweet.

So this week, Thursday to be precise, Phoebe decided she was using her potty. She had peed in it three times while her bath water was running. I know it was just from the sound of water running. It always makes me have to go. ;) I made a big deal about it each time, but didn't really think it would make a difference. She had other plans.

As soon as she woke up Thursday morning she asked to go "pahpah." So I took her into the bathroom and put her on the potty. She peed right away, the potty plays a song when something lands in it, clever, isn't it? So I did a happy dance and clapped for her. She clapped for herself. We dumped it in the big potty then I washed it out and put her potty back together. I tried to pick her up to go get dressed but she threw a fit. So she sat back down on her potty....and POOPED! Holy cow! Where did that come from? I know the biology, thank you very much. I mean the desire to use the potty in the first place? She isn't supposed to be old enough for this yet. Just barely 16 months.

Since then she has done both every morning. Yesterday she even got upset because she peed in her diaper instead of the potty. Poor kid already has high expectations of herself. I don't even have training pants or panties for her yet. I'm not going to waste money on Pull-ups. I'll just use training pants during the day and keep her in diapers at night until she's completely trained.

Wow. That's all, just wow.


This was the day I put the potty together for her. Just so she would get used to it and not be afraid. Guess my plan worked.

1 comments:

Dana said...

She is too cute and you are surely blessed that potty training is going so well for her!! Great Job!! Mama, Great Job Pheebes!!!!