Saturday, March 19, 2011

Spring, have you sprung?

Please say yes! I'm so in need of sunshine and open windows and going barefoot in the grass.

Yesterday was 76 degrees. It was sunny with a slight breeze. Man, I needed that. I opened the windows as soon as it got up to 60 degrees. I love, love, LOVE having the windows open letting the fresh air in. The cats love it too. They all staked out a window to sleep in all day.

In preparation for my new garden at our new house this summer I have started some seedlings.

Lettuce seedlings.


Tiny herb seedlings. 
Just for fun. This is the hub's bonsai tree. He got it for his birthday three years ago. I've kept it trimmed for him, since he's allergic to pine. He can't touch it, just admire it from afar. :'(


A friend of his gave us a kit to build a raised bed. I'm excited about that. I've decided to go with Square Foot Gardening this year. I'd like to have two 4x4 beds. That way I can still garden, but also have enough room left in the yard for Phoebe to play.

I need to get my tomato seeds started indoors now too. According to the almanac I can plant them outside on May 4th. Woo hoo! I can't wait for that first tomato and cheese sandwich. Mmmmm. I can taste it now.

1 comments:

Dana said...

Ugh I need to stop procrastinating and get my seeds started!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Dana