Friday, October 14, 2011

Too much bad stuff

We've had a string of bad things happen lately. I must say, I'm tired of it.

First were some really sad personal things. Not going into details, but it broke my heart. Let's hope I never have to go through something like that again.

There have been a few deaths in the family and of close friends. Phoebe and I spent last weekend at my mom's because my step dad's brother passed away suddenly. He was ill, but they didn't expect him to go so quickly. One of my grandmother's sister's passed the same day he did. Then yesterday one of my husband's friends lost his battle with brain cancer. So yeah, it's really sad around here.

Then stupid me, hurt our cat Pete. I was trying to trim some matted hair off of his neck with scissors and cut his neck open. It didn't bleed, I'm shocked about that, but I could see his neck muscles underneath! I nearly fainted, repeatedly. I feel so horrible! DH said it wasn't bad and would heal on it's own, so we put antibiotic ointment on it and waited. It started to look infected yesterday and he was walking funny, like he hurt all over. So I took him to the vet. He needed 7 stitches! 7!!!! My poor Petie Pete. They kept him overnight. We just picked him up. They even brushed and shaved off a few of his really bad dreds for me. Poor Buddy Pete. He has to have antibiotics twice a day. Monkie is freaked out because he smells different. Stupid me.

3 comments:

Dana said...

Oh your poor cat, that is horrible but its not like you meant to hurt him it was a total accident. And the good news is

I am sorry for all the loss you and Mike have been experiencing lately. Its definately hard to go through.

Dana said...

I'm such a dork it should read the good news is he will heal and he will forgive you too. He knows you love him.

Winona said...

Oh Tiffani, please don't be so hard on yourself. Anyone who knows you, knows you would never intentionally hurt your furbabies. Pete will heal. Praying things get better for you all.